Moldy situation!

>> Thursday, May 5, 2011

So here was my bible analogy this morning. My daughter 'L' was making her lunch when I asked her if she packed a sandwich yet.

'L' responded "No. 'Cause there is something growing on my sandwich and I didn't want to tell you. It's mold mom!"
Me: So take it out and through it in the trash.
So I reach in and pull out her sandwich container. Yeah, that sandwich was in there for some time. 'L' must have seen the look on my face and says, " Sorry mom, I just didn't want to tell you."
So, I told her that this is what happens when we don't clean up after our selves sometimes and then I was able to show her that this is also what happens to our hearts when we try to cover up the wrongs we do or try to hide things from others that we know to be wrong. She understood. Then I pointed out to her that doesn't she feel better having finally told me or in this case showed me. 'L' let out a big sigh and said, 'yeah, that's better. So we gladly threw the whole thing away. (There was no saving that container!)

Maybe I should have used that as family illustration today! Or science experiment..... no that just stank way too much!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP