God's Sovereignty... in Dirty Diapers

>> Friday, August 5, 2011

So for family devotions tonight we were reviewing the Westminster Shorter Catechism:

Q. 8. How doth God execute his decrees?
A. God executeth his decrees in the works of creation and providence

Tonight's discussion was on God's hand of providence. We talked about the life of Joseph and Genesis 50:20.
Genesis 50:20 As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today.
After devotions:
Me: "L, does M need a diaper change? I think she stinks."
L: "No she's fine."
Me: "I can smell her from here." (I check) "Oh man, it's awful."

While changing her: "L, I should make you change this since you told me she didn't have one."
L: "Hey, it's not my fault, it was God's providence."

dadFAIL

Cross posted at The Voyages.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP